Bolt driver denies involvement in alleged disappearance of passenger who booked him


In what he described as an effort to prove his innocence, an e-hailing cab driver, Kelechi Uzor, has turned in himself before the Okporo police station in Rumuodara, Obio/Akpor Local Government Area of Rivers State.

This was as a passenger who he reportedly picked and dropped off at her destination was eventually declared missing.

Identified as Elizabeth Edoukumor, the passenger was said to have been declared missing hours after Uzor dropped her off at Harmony Estate in Eliozu, Port Harcourt.

The development however, has presented the bolt driver as a prime suspect – allegations to which he has denied involvement and submitted himself to the Police to give his own side of the story.

Speaking with journalists in Port Harcourt on Friday, Uzor said, “On that 9th of October she booked a ride at Eastern By-Pass (in Port Harcourt).

“I took her to Harmony Estate at Eliozu. When I got to the estate, I parked because you cannot enter the estate without the authorisation of someone inside.

“So when the lady (Elizabeth) got the permission to enter, I entered the estate, and parked at the residence she was going to. She offloaded her bags because she came with some goods, paid me in cash and I drove off.

“When I entered the estate, I was checked by the security when I was leaving, I was also checked. Later that night a lady called me and was asking whether I picked her (Elizabeth) up from the estate, I said no. That what I did, was to drop her at the estate and left the place.

“After that day, another man called was asking me question if I heard anything if she (Elizabeth) made any call that I could remember, I told him no, that I didn’t listen to her conversation.”

Uzor further explained that the next day, some other people were calling to lure him to a certain area, a request which he declined.

“Since then, I have been getting threatening calls and like the uncle threatening me that I should better bring the girl alive. I went to the police station to tell my own side of the story because the calls and threats were becoming too much,” he added.

When contacted, the spokesperson of the state Police Command, Grace Iringe-Koko, said she would find out and get back to our correspondent. She had yet to do so as of the time of filing this report on Friday evening.

See Also: Medical director found guilty of raping his wife’s niece, sentenced to life imprisonment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *