Student stabs teacher at English school


A male teacher at Tewkesbury Academy in Ashchurch Road, Tewkesbury, was stabbed by a teenage pupil, leading to a lockdown of the school. The incident occurred on Monday morning, prompting a response from Gloucestershire Police. The injured teacher was taken to the hospital for treatment, while the teenage boy was subsequently arrested in connection with the incident. Further details regarding the incident are yet to be disclosed.

In western England, a male teacher at Tewkesbury Academy in Ashchurch Road, Tewkesbury, was stabbed by a teenager, resulting in the school being put on lockdown. Gloucestershire Police received a call at approximately 9:10 am (0810 GMT) on Monday reporting that a pupil had attacked a teacher. The injured teacher was immediately transported to the hospital, and subsequently, the teenage boy was apprehended by authorities. The incident is currently under investigation, and the school is taking necessary precautions to ensure the safety of its students and staff.

In a communication addressed to parents and caretakers of pupils, Head Teacher Kathleen McGillycuddy acknowledged a serious incident that occurred at the school, resulting in a male staff member requiring hospital treatment. As a response, the school promptly implemented a lockdown and immediately contacted the police. McGillycuddy emphasized that the lockdown was a precautionary measure to ensure the safety and well-being of all students, reassuring parents that their children remained secure. The school will continue to provide updates and support as necessary throughout the investigation process.

Teachers at the nearby Tirlebrook Primary School advised parents not to come to the school until the police operation at Tewkesbury Academy was concluded. They emphasized the importance of not compromising the ongoing police action and the safety of the children by avoiding any unnecessary visits to the school during that time.

Education Secretary Gillian Keegan expressed deep concern regarding the incident and stated that the situation was being closely monitored. She expressed gratitude to the emergency services who were present at the scene, and assured that the Department of Education was ready to provide support to the school as the situation unfolded.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *